Making an appointment
Routine or non-urgent appointments can be made online via Hotdoc, or by phoning the clinic on 1300 063 3482. Hotdoc allows you to see the doctors available appointments and choose the one that bests suits you. It is free to use, and you can use it to book an appointment any time of day or night. Simply download the APP on to your phone.
Please note, not all our doctors are available to book appointments via Hotdoc and require you to phone on 1300 063 3482 the clinic to make an appointment.
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, difficulty talking, severe allergic reactions, central chest pain, altered consciousness, severe burns or crooked fractures are all problems best seen in the Emergency Department. Call 000, or proceed to Southwest Healthcare Emergency Department in Ryot Street, Warrnambool.
To ensure you have enough time to address all your health concerns, please book the appropriate appointment. If you are not sure, you can ask our receptionists to help.
- Standard consultation: 15-20 minutes. One new illness or symptom, colds, vaccinations, repeat script, medical certificate, blood pressure check.
- Long consultation: 30-40 minutes. Procedures, multiple symptoms or concerns, mental health concerns, chromic or complicated conditions.
- Prolong consultation: 45 minutes. New patient, consultations, numerous or complex symptoms or health concerns.
Cancelling or missing an appointment
To ensure efficiency and accessibility of appointments to all we ask that if you cannot attend your appointment you notify the practice as soon as practical. Failure to attend your appointment on two consecutive occasions shall incur a fee of $25 payable prior to another appointment being scheduled.
Telehealth consultations will be charged in accordance with the time taken for the consultation – please refer to Practice Fees. One of our receptionist will make contact with you post consultation to arrange payment.
Home visits are available for regular patients of WMC whose condition prevents them from attending the clinic. Suitability for a home visit will be determined by a practice nurse.
Interpreter services are available at all WMC locations. Please Speak with reception or your GP to arrange an interpreter.
We accept cash, cheque and EFTPOS payments.
We ask that all fees are paid on the day of consultation. Payments not paid on the day will incur and additional account rate. As a minimum, the Medicare Gap fee must be paid on the day of consultation.
We offer universal bulk billing for the following:
- Full concession card holders (including Pensions; aged, low income and single parent)
- Mental Health Care Plans and Care Plan Review consultations
- GP Management Plans (GPMP)
- Team Care Arrangements (TCA)
- GPMP and TCA Review consultations
- 45 and 75 year old Health Assessments
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Assessments
- Home Medication Reviews
Our medical team may offer bulk billing outside these parameters at their own discretion.
Patients with concession or DVA cards must show their entitlement card to be eligible for the reduced fee.
If you are experiencing financial hardship please notify our staff at the time of making your appointment, so arrangements can be made to ensure you are not disadvantaged to access care.