We’re here to look after you throughout this pandemic. For the health and safety of everyone, please call the clinic on 1300 063 3482 and let us know if any of the following apply to you BEFORE attending your appointment:
- if you have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected Coronavirus case
- if you have travelled from a known COVID-19 hot spot as outlined in the Victorian Department of Health traffic light zones
- if you have had direct contact with someone from a COVID-19 hot spot
- if you have any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, congestion, Loss of sense of smell or taste, headache, nausea, vomiting or change of bowel habit
How to stay COVIDSafe:
- when you enter the clinic please use the hand sanitizer provided and wear a mask at all times
- for your safety and to reduce waiting time, we ask that you book the appropriate appointment and arrive on time
- maintain physical distancing within the clinic. We may ask you to wait in your car where you’ll be called as soon as it’s safe to enter.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe
- We have removed any items that might act to transfer the virus to patients (toys, books, magazines, pens, folders).
- Maintain social distance of 1.5 metres between chairs in our waiting rooms and ask you to do not move the chairs around.
- We also ask that only four (4) people are in our waiting rooms at anyone time. You may be asked to return to your car to wait for your appointment.
- Our waiting rooms are cleaned twice daily, and our equipment and consulting rooms are cleaned after every patient consult.
- We have hand sanitiser for staff and patients to use before contact with any items when arriving and departing the clinic.
- Temperature checks are completed for every patient and visitor to our clinic.
- Contractors are registered and health checked when they visit our clinics.
- We regularly review our COVID-19 safe action plan.
- Are temperature checked and health screened at the beginning of each day and do not attend if they have any symptoms.
- Wear masks during consultations where close contact is absolutely necessary and have PPE available if it is required during a consultation.
- We limit managing cash and prefer cash less payments when payment is required.
- Every patient is asked a range of screening questions, when booking on the phone and again at check in at the clinic to prevent patients with infective symptoms from entering the clinic.
- Possible or suspected COVID-19 cases are offered consultation by Telehealth so that there is no need for suspected cases to enter the clinic. No COVID-19 swabbing occurs within the clinic itself.
- The Great South Coast Respiratory Clinic, located at 133 Fairy Street in Warrnambool, is available for COVID-19 swabs. Either book on Hot Doc or call 0428 606 397.
- We plan to continue to operate our clinic “as usual” and protect our ability to keep caring for you and your health requirements.
- Our Reception staff and Nurses will triage any health questions and make appointments with our Duty Doctors if needed.
- We offer Telehealth appointments for our doctors and our Chronic Disease Programme to keep you home, cared for and safe.
- We can assess unwell infective patients in isolation where necessary as a car park consultation, located at the back of our Liebig street clinic so your privacy is maintained.
- Minimise your time spent in the clinic. You can wait in your car, call ahead to confirm what time the doctor will be able to see you.
- Telehealth appointments are available.
If you would like further information regarding COVID-19 please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Official Australian Government